Over 500 miles of trails

Someone said that there are over 500 miles of trails in Marin County. I'm going to hike all of them. Want to hear more? Read on...

Name:
Location: Woodacre, California, United States

Well, I hike, obviously. I read, without retaining, lots of stuff but mostly classic and contemporary fiction, history, and science. I look at birds and plants. I play my guitar far less than I ought, and watch movies far more. I like to ask people questions, but only if they ask me questions in return. I aspire to honorable behavior and am mostly successful. I'm on the cusp of a career change, with bird research in my past/present and academic librarianship in my future. Occasionally I bust out and cook six course gourmet meals for my friends; for some reason it's always six and never seven or five. Enough about me. What about you? Stranger or friend, drop me a line!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Relief from the bare austerity of prose. Here are some pictures of the Estero Trail hike described in the 6/4/2006 post, courtesy of my talented friend Kerry.






3 Comments:

Blogger AphotoAday said...

Hi Kelly,
Tell your friend Kerry that I enjoyed seeing his photos -- especially that first one of the drainage pattern... Excellent!
I've been at the Estero Trail trailhead once or twice, but now I am inspired to do a little hiking out there...
Best regards, Don and Kitty

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Aha! Thanks, Don! Now Kerry will be obliged to acknowledge your praise by leaving a comment, instead of lurking in the background and reading without contributing, like he has been doing. Dang freeloaders. That goes for the rest of you, too. I know you're out there!

4:38 PM  
Blogger AphotoAday said...

Hi Kelly,
Well, previously I mentioned that I had only been as far as the Point Reyes Estero Trailhead, but early today (Monday) I headed out there after my usual hike at Roy's Redwoods... What a pleasant hike! And you inspired it... Had you not, I doubt if I ever would have ever gotten any farther than my vehicle... Thanks a bunch... Got some nice shots (like your friend Kerry's photo) of the estuary drainage patterns, and it was interesting to see the Johnson Oyster Farm pens... There was a flock of Pelicans along the low tideline, but I couldn't get close enough for a good photo... The sun was struggling to break through the fog bank -- and it finally did come out during my return trip... It's kind of interesting how the edge of the fog bank generates it's own little weather disturbance... Was kind of surprised at how many people I eventually ran into, and the old man jogging the trail really made me feel like a "slacker"... Walking through the pine forest, the birds all seemed to be vocalizing, and one was making a particularly loud, obnoxious and pulsating racket... I have no idea of what it's problem was, nor what type of bird it was -- but I bet a bird expert like you would know the instant you heard it... So anyway, I almost made it to Sunset Beach, but I didn't -- but that's alright -- it was a GREAT hike and a perfect workout... I'm sure I'll do that again sometime... As I said, thanks for the inspiration...
Best regards, Don and Kitty...

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home