Over 500 miles of trails

Someone said that there are over 500 miles of trails in Marin County. I'm going to hike all of them. Want to hear more? Read on...

Name:
Location: Woodacre, California, United States

Well, I hike, obviously. I read, without retaining, lots of stuff but mostly classic and contemporary fiction, history, and science. I look at birds and plants. I play my guitar far less than I ought, and watch movies far more. I like to ask people questions, but only if they ask me questions in return. I aspire to honorable behavior and am mostly successful. I'm on the cusp of a career change, with bird research in my past/present and academic librarianship in my future. Occasionally I bust out and cook six course gourmet meals for my friends; for some reason it's always six and never seven or five. Enough about me. What about you? Stranger or friend, drop me a line!

Monday, May 29, 2006

I got some new t-shirts last week at Target, cause it was time to stock up again. I got a purple, a red, and a yellow. The yellow was a bit of a risk. I like yellow alright, it's just that I've never really been easy around it. Yellow, in my mind, is like the stranger at your party who seems perfectly nice but who may or may not get drunk and do inappropriate or destructive things beyond your control. I wore my yellow shirt last week and felt a little bit jumpy all day. A yellow dishtowel or wallpaper is one thing, but such a color to have in close proximity to your body! Who knows what may happen?

I washed my yellow shirt yesterday. I washed it with my new red shirt, my new purple shirt, and with my green kitchen rug that's never been washed.

The yellow shirt now has a grayish tinge, just enough to put a leash on its exuberance. I think the yellow shirt and I will coexist much more peacefully, now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home