Over 500 miles of trails

Someone said that there are over 500 miles of trails in Marin County. I'm going to hike all of them. Want to hear more? Read on...

Name:
Location: Woodacre, California, United States

Well, I hike, obviously. I read, without retaining, lots of stuff but mostly classic and contemporary fiction, history, and science. I look at birds and plants. I play my guitar far less than I ought, and watch movies far more. I like to ask people questions, but only if they ask me questions in return. I aspire to honorable behavior and am mostly successful. I'm on the cusp of a career change, with bird research in my past/present and academic librarianship in my future. Occasionally I bust out and cook six course gourmet meals for my friends; for some reason it's always six and never seven or five. Enough about me. What about you? Stranger or friend, drop me a line!

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Went hiking at Roy's Redwoods today. We (me, Victor, Arty) set out to hike a loop involving Cataract Canyon, but the Bolinas- Fairfax road is closed (maybe due to lingering mudslide damage?) so we had to change our plans at the last minute. A little disappointing, but we had fun nonetheless. We pretty much 'hiked it out'... I don't think I'll have to go back to Roy's Redwoods again for this project except to pick up a Fire Road that I think connects to another Open Space area. Notable on the hike was the amount of mud and the amount of interesting fungi. We took some photos so I'll let them do the talking:







2 Comments:

Blogger tom said...

Hello, I see you're a hiker so you might be interested in Two Heel Drive, my hiking blog. http://tommangan.net/twoheeldrive

I live in San Jose and do most of my hikes in the South/East Bay.

11:08 PM  
Blogger AphotoAday said...

Hi Kelly,
Sorry to hear that your visit to Roy's Redwoods was somewhat of a let-down, but let me tell you that I hike to the top of the hill at Roy's Redwoods almost every day, and have been doing that for about two years now... I always find something interesting, and the good exercise just might tack some years on to my life... I've taken thousands of photos at Roy's, and if you and others are interested, you can see some of them over at www.photoarrow.com/roysredwoods

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home