Over 500 miles of trails

Someone said that there are over 500 miles of trails in Marin County. I'm going to hike all of them. Want to hear more? Read on...

Name:
Location: Woodacre, California, United States

Well, I hike, obviously. I read, without retaining, lots of stuff but mostly classic and contemporary fiction, history, and science. I look at birds and plants. I play my guitar far less than I ought, and watch movies far more. I like to ask people questions, but only if they ask me questions in return. I aspire to honorable behavior and am mostly successful. I'm on the cusp of a career change, with bird research in my past/present and academic librarianship in my future. Occasionally I bust out and cook six course gourmet meals for my friends; for some reason it's always six and never seven or five. Enough about me. What about you? Stranger or friend, drop me a line!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Yarg! Victor's going away for 2.5 months on Tuesday. He's going to Alaska.

I've been thinking a lot about this, obviously. I've been worrying, actually, because we've been in a really good rhythm lately. I'm worried that his going away will wreck our momentum and we won't be able to get it back when he returns. I don't know why I think this. I just do.

I like being in a relationship, but I'm pretty good at being alone, too. In fact, I usually do more when I'm alone because lazing around the house is not very much fun unless you have someone to do it with. So I get out a lot. In terms of the project, I expect that Victor's absence will be a good thing, because often when I can't persuade Victor to go for a hike I end up hanging out at home with him rather than going on my own. Which kind of clarifies one of my worries, actually... what if I get too used to going out and doing stuff and then feel stifled when he comes back and we end up hanging around the house more often again?

We went to Ring Mountain, not this past Saturday but the Saturday before. That would be April 29, I suppose. Ring Mountain is down by Corte Madera/ Tiburon... that sort of area. Wildflowers are great there but the whole place is so small, and so heavily used, that everything looks slightly trampled. We took some pictures, and Victor took some footage with his video camera. Don't know about uploading the video, but here's some pics:




We're getting a little crazy with the macro, I know. Next time I hike I'll try to take a picture of the scenery, too.

So we pretty much hiked all the trails that there were to hike at Ring Mountain... like I said, it's a small place. Best on a clear day, definitely... views all around the Bay.


That's it for tonight. It's time for bed. I still have to tell you about the hike I did on Tuesday at Point Reyes. Later. -K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home